Amos White, Founder and Chief Planting Officer for 100K Trees for Humanity, will present the California Urban Greenbelt Initiative, an environmental justice urban reforestation campaign to mobilize citizen tree stewards to increase tree canopies to 30% in every urban community by 2030.
The presentation will emphasize how it is:
- Organizing cities, schools, and communities to plant trees.
- Accelerating cities’ Climate Action Plan goals to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.
- Promoting equitable distribution of tree canopies, targeting a 30% increase.
- Enhancing hydrological resilience and improving soil health.
- Enabling cities to generate increased revenue through ecosystem services.
- Inspiring and training thousands of school students as stewards growing acorns into a healthy tree
- Features a workforce development framework that trains individuals to plant and steward trees.
Initiative partners include: Sierra Club, Cal Berkeley Haas School of Business, Google, OSH & more